Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by jayachandra <ja...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/23 15:21:11 UTC

[Axis2] choice of Transport for a service

Hi all,

Is there a way to use a different transport than HTTPTransportSender
in Axis2, say something like commonsHTTPSender or axis1.x version's
HTTPSender. Because they seem to be more robust than this and also at
my end when I tried the interop testing (both from command line and as
well using the interop.jsp webinterface), except for localhost's
interop-doclit service for other endpoint URLs mentioned in the
http://www.whitemesa.net/r3/interop3.html, I was unable to succeed. I
seem to fail miserably with java.net.SocketException everytime.

I've looked into the syntax structure of service.xml in the
Axis2ArchitectureGuide.html, but there is no mention about transport.
Should it be given as a parameter?

Thank you,
Jayachandra
--
-- Jaya

Re: [Axis2] choice of Transport for a service

Posted by jayachandra <ja...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for being a bit late in viewing my gmail.

Oh Yes! Dims. We ( our small team here ) will surely take a stab at
it, given a chance.

Thanks
Jaya

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
see TransportSenderLocator class ... right now the options are
hardcoded. We need the transport to load via the server.xml but as we
do not discuss it much I keep it as it is for M1

To write a new transport see
AbstractTransportSender.java and HTTPTransportSender.java and write a
new transport sender and add it by adding a entry to
TransportSenderLocator.java

Thanks
Srinath

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.