Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by EngR H <h_...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/20 14:15:09 UTC

WCK: JAAS

Hello there,

Am using Slide WCK on OC4J, and intend to use JAAS authentication, I used the bulid.xml to generate the slide.war, and added the WCK jar to the lib directory of my OC4J. every thing worx fine and the webdav is working on my CMS. the problem is that am not prompted with the authentication dialog when accessing the webdav server! although i didn't comment the security entries in web.xml as mentioned here http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/howto-acl.html . is there any thing i should configure for an app. server to use JAAS for slide app. or just deploying the war file as I did??

Thanx in advance

Rony!

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: WCK: JAAS

Posted by James Mason <ma...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 22:52 -0800, EngR H wrote:
> Hello James,
>     Thanx for the reply!
>     As I told u in my post, Yes, the web.xml requires authentication,
> although the login window doesnot appear when I open a webfolder..
> while it appears if I accessed my webdav servlet through Internet
> Explorer!!

Web Folders will remember authentication information for an amazing long
period of time. The only sure-fire way to make it forget is to log out
of Windows then log back in. This could be the reason you're not seeing
a login prompt; Web Folders is remembering values you entered earlier.

> Another question is that, does it require certain class implementation
> to use jaas on my Oracle OC4J application server, or it is just
> configuration files issue??

I don't know :/. I've never used OC4J before.

-James

Re: WCK: JAAS

Posted by EngR H <h_...@yahoo.com>.
Hello James,