Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kevin Robair <kr...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/10 17:33:28 UTC

RC2 requiredif validation rule syntax change

FYI:

While testing my app with RC2, I noticed this:

In RC1, the requiredif validator rule used these tags:

field-test[n]
field-value[n]
field-join[n]

In RC2, it uses:

fieldValue[n]
fieldTest[n]
fieldJoin[n]

If you are getting a reflection error / null pointer
exception, this is why.

-Kevin

Re: RC2 requiredif validation rule syntax change

Posted by Reinhard Nägele <re...@mgm-edv.de>.
Thanks for pointing this out. I wonder nobody else has responded to your
message.

What's the point of that kind of change? I read the release notes and
couldn't find anything about this. That's the place where such kinds of
changes ought to be listed!

Reinhard