Posted to user@roller.apache.org by sh...@contractor.thomson.com on 2007/09/21 16:39:56 UTC

Editor's Pick Functionality

Hi,

Is there a way to  provide the Editor's Pick Column from Roller ?

Any User who logged into the Roller can create weblog entries and send
it  to the  Administrator of Editor's Pick Column who publishes the
created entries upon his approval.

How to accomplish the above functionality in Roller ?

Greatly appreciated for your reply.

Thanks

Shyam Prasad

Re: Editor's Pick Functionality

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 9/21/07, shyamprasad.harianathan@contractor.thomson.com
<sh...@contractor.thomson.com> wrote:
> Can u pls some guideline for me to write the custom code development for
> achieving the below functionality ? It will be of great help.

I'd recommend studying the Roller managers and POJOs and createdb.sql
script so that you can understand the data model, then take a look at
some of the Struts 2 actions and JSP pages to understand how the UI
works together.  Once you've done that you should have some ideas how
to design this feature. Ask specific questions on the dev list if you
need hints or design advice.

- Dave

RE: Editor's Pick Functionality

Posted by sh...@contractor.thomson.com.
Hi David,

Can u pls some guideline for me to write the custom code development for
achieving the below functionality ? It will be of great help.

Thanks

Shyam Prasad Harianathan

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 9/21/07, shyamprasad.harianathan@contractor.thomson.com
<sh...@contractor.thomson.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When a User posts a blog entry under a Category named (Example)
> "Editor's Pick", it should not be published immediately. The Created
> blog entry needs to reviewed and approved by Admin User. The Admin User
> has the authoring power to publish all the entries under "Editor's Pick"
> Category.
>
> {Also the User needs the option of publishing  any entries created under
> all categories other than "Editor's Pick" category.).

Sounds like you need to do some custom development to get that functionality.

- Dave

RE: Editor's Pick Functionality

Posted by sh...@contractor.thomson.com.
Hi,

When a User posts a blog entry under a Category named (Example)
"Editor's Pick", it should not be published immediately. The Created
blog entry needs to reviewed and approved by Admin User. The Admin User
has the authoring power to publish all the entries under "Editor's Pick"
Category.

{Also the User needs the option of publishing  any entries created under
all categories other than "Editor's Pick" category.).

This is the scenario.

Thanks.

Shyam Prasad

> Is there a way to  provide the Editor's Pick Column from Roller ?
>
> Any User who logged into the Roller can create weblog entries and send
> it  to the  Administrator of Editor's Pick Column who publishes the
> created entries upon his approval.
>
> How to accomplish the above functionality in Roller ?
>
> Greatly appreciated for your reply.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Editor's Pick Column" but if you give a
blogger LIMITED permission within a blog, then their posts must be
reviewed and posted by a blogger with AUTHOR or ADMIN permissions.

- Dave

Re: Editor's Pick Functionality

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.