Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Mike Mason <mg...@thoughtworks.net> on 2004/03/02 13:24:42 UTC

Re: stuck state, loosing data because I can't commit, help....

Yount, Steffen wrote:

> The directory is checked into version control because it contains some
>
>configuration files that we want to have versioned. We version them, so that
>we can do things like, revert them for regression testing, and revert them
>to the last known stable configuration when newer settings are broken.

So you have a directory containing version controlled configuration
files, and the directory gets deleted by a third party script that's not
under your control. How does the script not delete your important
version controlled configuration files?

I'm focussing on this because I'm not sure that Subversion is going to
change to support what you want it to do in the near future[1], and I'd
really like you to be able to use Subversion and be as happy as I am
with it!

Best regards,
Mike.

[1] I'm not a Subversion developer, but I do know plenty of debate and
thinking has gone into its current feature set and design, and
everything is there for a reason.