Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com> on 2000/09/21 20:35:12 UTC

Re: portable usage of extension functions in XSLT?

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000 20:51:12 +0200, Zvi <th...@ifrance.com> wrote:

> the second is better, just write for Xalan, and if somebody will be interested in
> other XSLT processor like XT, he/she will port it.
>
> the 3rd solution is to pass the entire UserAgent capabilities document as
> parameter, using <xsl:param>.

Passing the entire user agent capabilities document as a parameter is in fact a
more portable solution than using extension functions. I like this idea, it's
great! Passing a parameter is something that happens at the Cocoon level and
the syntax in the XSLT stylesheet is always the same, no matter what XSLT
processor is used. I may be a little slower but that should be OK.

Thanks,
Ovidiu

--
Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@cup.hp.com>

Re: portable usage of extension functions in XSLT?

Posted by Zvi <th...@ifrance.com>.
why slower?
it's just a reference to document

Zvi