Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stephen Chang <sc...@yahoo.com> on 2001/01/19 18:28:02 UTC

web-based discussion group instead of mailing list?

Does anyone know of any existing web-based discussion
board version of this mailing list? it's getting quite
unwieldy in my inbox. not trying to be selfish, but
are there any future plans to implement one? the
archives at least are searchable but are not up to
date?

Posted by ultan o'carroll <ul...@totalise.co.uk>.
how about a newsgroup, or is that a d.u.m.b. question. Threaded, searchable, choose
your download interval, search, announcements. Or is that and old paradigm that needs
updating to XML meta search/directory/context/price/market......etc....etc....I could
get a bus thru there.?

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Martin Stricker wrote:

> Stephen Chang wrote:
> > Does anyone know of any existing web-based discussion
> > board version of this mailing list? it's getting quite
> > unwieldy in my inbox. not trying to be selfish, but
> > are there any future plans to implement one? the
> > archives at least are searchable but are not up to
> > date?

> If you don't like the mailing list messages in your inbox folder, move
> them automatically into another folder! With netscape you can do this
> with Edit/Message filters. I prefer getting emails so I don't have to
> be online all the time but can read offline (internet is still
> expensive in Germany :-(( ). A web-based discussion board would mean I
> had to be online all the time. And I linke to have a mail archive of
> my own (I mark the important ones), it searches quicker with grep than
> the online archive does...

i think stephen's suggesting it as an alternative means to access the
data, rather than shutting down the mailing list and moving the discussion
onto the web. no, there are no plans to do so, but if you want to try to
set one up, more power to you.

- donald

Re: web-based discussion group instead of mailing list?

Posted by Martin Stricker <sh...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Cedric POTHIN <ce...@inovatel.com>.
I think you can find what you are looking for on this site :

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&r=1&w=2

Cedric

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/