Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Dawn <li...@live.com> on 2020/12/08 09:34:46 UTC

No numShards attribute exists in 'core.properties' with the newly added replica

Hi

	Solr8.7.0

	No numShards attribute exists in 'core.properties' with the newly added replica. Causes numShards to be null using CloudDescriptor.

	Since the ADDREPLICA command does not get numShards property, the coreProps will not save numShards in the constructor that creates the CoreDescriptor, so that the 'core.properties' file will be generated without numShards.

	Can the numShards attribute function be added to the process of adding replica so that the 'core-properties' file of replica can contain numShards attribute?

Re: No numShards attribute exists in 'core.properties' with the newly added replica

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I raised this JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-15035

What’s not clear to me is whether numShards should even be in core.properties at all, even on the create command. In the state.json file it’s a collection-level property and not reflected in the individual replica’s information.

However, we should be consistent.

Best,
Erick