Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Steve Eynon <st...@alienfactory.co.uk> on 2011/10/15 06:47:53 UTC

[T5.3.x] One Small Thing...

...could we please have a warning message logged when the default
application module is not found on startup? Something like,

"Could not find the application module 'com.mycompany.project.WoteverModule'"

Because everytime (and it does seem to be *everytime*!) I start a new
project I miss-type, miss-spell, deploy the wrong web-override.xml or
do something that causes T5 to look in the wrong place for my Module.
It would be really, really useful on these occasions if T5 told me
where it was trying to look as oppose to silently moving on.

I agree with the code comment that it's valid not to have a Module
class, but if not found, if T5 was a bit more verbose in telling where
it was attempting to look, that would be awesome!

Steve.