Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by BLAYKM <13...@logica.com> on 2011/01/07 08:41:19 UTC

barcode4j and 3 of 9 compressed barcode type

Hi
I am using barcode4j-2.1.0 to develop barcodes using XSL-FO. Actually we are
trying to develop XSL-FO
templates for Documents that were developed using Jet-Forms. Does Barcode4j
support the barcode type 3 of 9 compressed format. If Not what could be
closest barcode type to 3 of 9 compressed. If Yes can you provide a code
sample. I have been googling for this a lot but could not find the answer.
Help needed

Regards
Ajay

Re: barcode4j and 3 of 9 compressed barcode type

Posted by BLAYKM <13...@logica.com>.
Thanks Jeremias Maerki

Thats what(Code93) exactly what i have been looking for. I may have to find
other alternatives for this as you say that it has not been implemented in
Barcode4j. Once again thanks alot.

Posted by sreegsnb <sr...@gmail.com>.
Well I have heard people calling 'Code 39' as compressed 3 of 9 barcode,
first time I heard it mentioned as compressed 3 of 9 was about 5 months ago
when we were automating form generation and barcode that was configured for
use by existing system scanners (these are being used for a while now) and
the tech support guy referred the barcode as compressed 3 of 9 instead of
Code 39, at first it was very confusing.  Finally senior tech support lead
mentioned that Code 39 is referred as compressed 3 of 9 barcode. we use FOP
and Barcode4j for our forms.

if it is code 93/USS-93 you would have to find alternatives

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Hi Ajay,
questions on Barcode4J are best asked over at
barcode4j-users@lists.sourceforge.net. Anyway....

I'm not aware of any compressed 3 of 9 barcode type. Do you mean
Code93/USS-93? That is not implemented in Barcode4J. If it were, it
would be listed on the front page of the website.

On 07.01.2011 08:41:19 BLAYKM wrote:

> Hi
> I am using barcode4j-2.1.0 to develop barcodes using XSL-FO. Actually we are
> trying to develop XSL-FO
> templates for Documents that were developed using Jet-Forms. Does Barcode4j
> support the barcode type 3 of 9 compressed format. If Not what could be
> closest barcode type to 3 of 9 compressed. If Yes can you provide a code
> sample. I have been googling for this a lot but could not find the answer.
> Help needed
>
> Regards
> Ajay

Jeremias Maerki