Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Sumit Nigam <su...@yahoo.com> on 2015/11/05 09:28:49 UTC

Block Cache

Hi,
Is there an easy way to completely turn off block cache for a specific table at table creation time itself? Something like, CREATE TABLE X ( ..... ) BLOCK_CACHE=FALSE;
I could likely hint the queries during read time, but setting I'd like to turn it off completely.
Thanks,Sumit

Re: Block Cache

Posted by Sumit Nigam <su...@yahoo.com>.
Now, I have a question. Are secondary indexes maintained in block cache?
When I describe one of my indexes, I see - IN_MEMORY => 'false', BLOCKCACHE => 'true'
Does this mean that the index does not reside in memory? Should I explicitly set IN_MEMORY=true when I create index?
Thanks,Sumit
Sorry, do not bother. I figured out - can be done by specifying BLOCKCACHE=false at create table time.

Re: Block Cache