Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Gopi Kandaswamy <gk...@cs.indiana.edu> on 2002/09/26 00:02:44 UTC

jetspeed and xerces-2.0

Hi,

I have written a portlet which uses wsdl4j, which in turn needs xerces-2.0.
But jetspeed (1.4b1) uses xerces-1.3.1 and does not work with xerces-2.0. I
get errors like this if I use xerces-2.0.

org.apache.turbine.util.TurbineException: Error rendering Velocity template: /
controls/html/jetspeed.vm: Invocation of method 'getContent' in class
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.security.portlets.CacheableStatefulPortletWrapper
threw exception class java.lang.AbstractMethodError : null

Is there a version of jetspeed that uses xerces-2.0, or is there anyway I can
specify my portlet to use xerces-2.0 and jetspeed to use xerces-1.3.1

Thanks a million,

--GK

Re: jetspeed and xerces-2.0

Posted by Gopi Kandaswamy <gk...@cs.indiana.edu>.
Hi Paul,

I don't know how to thank you enough for this. I will use the new jetspeed and
report any problems.

Thanks once again,

--GK

--GK

Re: jetspeed and xerces-2.0

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@mindspring.com>.
Gopi,

Re: jetspeed and xerces-2.0

Posted by Gopi Kandaswamy <gk...@cs.indiana.edu>.
Hi Paul,

Thanks. But I understand from lots of articles on the web that the XML
Serializer in Xerces-2.0 used to break the castor marshaller. But this was
fixed in Xerces-2.0.1. So is it possible to upgrade the xerces in jetspeed to
xerces-2.0.1. Does xerces-2.0.1 have other problems with castor????

Thanks

--GK

On Wednesday 25 September 2002 07:25 pm, Paul Spencer wrote:
> Gopi,
> Currently we are using Castor to marshal and unmarshal the Registry and
> PSML files.  Since the current version of Castor does not support Xerces
> 2.x, Jetspeed does not support Xerces 2.x.  We recently upgrade Xerces
> to version 1.4.4
>
> See http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/jars.html for information
> about Jars used by Jetspeed.
>
> Paul Spencer
>
> Gopi Kandaswamy wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have written a portlet which uses wsdl4j, which in turn needs
> > xerces-2.0. But jetspeed (1.4b1) uses xerces-1.3.1 and does not work with
> > xerces-2.0. I get errors like this if I use xerces-2.0.
> >
> >================================================
> >org.apache.turbine.util.TurbineException: Error rendering Velocity
> > template: / controls/html/jetspeed.vm: Invocation of method 'getContent'
> > in class
> > org.apache.jetspeed.portal.security.portlets.CacheableStatefulPortletWrap
> >per threw exception class java.lang.AbstractMethodError : null
> >
> >Is there a version of jetspeed that uses xerces-2.0, or is there anyway I
> > can specify my portlet to use xerces-2.0 and jetspeed to use xerces-1.3.1
> >
> >Thanks a million,
> >
> >--GK
> >

> >--

--GK