Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Da...@sinnerschrader.com on 2001/10/31 14:59:08 UTC

ServiceManagerClient

Hi,

I´ve read the DOCs of the Apache SOAP API and I found
the following lines

>java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient [-auth username:password]
url operation arguments
>where
>        username and password is the HTTP Basic authentication info

I took a look into the source of class wich are involved with the
deployment process.
In the ServiceManagerClient in the invoke method I found this

>      SOAPHTTPConnection hc = new SOAPHTTPConnection ();
>      hc.setUserName (userName);
>      hc.setPassword (password);
>      call.setSOAPTransport (hc);

My question not really has to do with the SOAP stuff but where does the
service router controlls the
user password settings from the HTTPConnection
and where do I have to define these passwords for the basic auth of http
requests.

My idea is to set it up in the server/servet engine which I use (Resin) Am
I right?
But where... I have also read the doc but  the technical english is really
hard to understand and this
is the first time that I have to supply this mechanism in an application
for another application.

thx
daniel

SinnerSchrader Deutschland GmbH
Communication & Technology

mailto:d.wolff@sinnerschrader.com
http://www.sinnerschrader.com
fon +49.(0) 40.39 88 55-0
fax +49.(0) 40.39 88 55-55
gasstrasse 8-16 | 22761 hamburg | germany