Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> on 2007/08/01 20:11:05 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Getting mod_rewrite to load/work in apache 2.2

On 8/1/07, Philip Renich <ph...@edurelief.org> wrote:

>  Hello,
>  I've just installed Apache 2.2 and cannot seem to get mod_rewrite to work.
> The LoadModule command is uncommented, Options FollowSymLinks is set in
> Directory /  I've searched around on Google and places, but most docs or
> help I find is related to 1.3/4 (which I also didn't get it working on). I'm
> not sure if I have some other setting incorrect or what.
>
>  I am running the module out of .htaccess files. For reference, here is the
> code I am running:

Some clues to get you started:

1. Don't use .htaccess unless you really have to. Things are simpler
in the main server context.

2. Use the RewriteLog to debug. It is essential.

In the main server context, something like this should work:
RewriteCond         /your/docroot/dir1/%{REQUEST_FILENAME}  !-f
RewriteCond         /your/docroot/dir1/%{REQUEST_FILENAME}  !-d
RewriteRule .* /index.php

Joshua.