Posted to dev@milagro.apache.org by John McCane-Whitney <jo...@qredo.com> on 2019/11/11 15:58:44 UTC

[DISCUSS] Milagro Crypto-C v1.1.0 release

Hi everyone,

We'd like to release the next version of the Milagro Crypto-C library (https://github.com/apache/incubator-milagro-crypto-c) as v1.1.0.

There are two main changes to the library:

1. We have added Shamir Secret Sharing (SSS) to the library. There is also functionality combining the existing BLS solution with SSS to enable signature aggregation without revealing the secret key share.  This change is required by Milagro DTA (https://github.com/apache/incubator-milagro-dta) v0.1.0 and we need an official apache release of the crypto library so that the DTA can be built from this rather than being built from the repo.

2. We've also added the Paillier additively homomorphic cryptosystem which will be required by subsequent releases of the DTA to enable Multi-Party Computation of cryptocurrency wallet addresses and subsequently to create transaction signatures for these wallets.

I will work with Kealan McCusker and his team to ensure that:

- all relevant GitHub issues are closed

- release notes created

- master branch is updated

- recheck all licence headers, disclaimer, build instructions etc.

- release tagged

- artefacts created, signed & uploaded

- vote email sent

- and the rest of the Apache Way is followed...

Please let me know if you have any  comments or concerns.

Many thanks,

John

John McCane-Whitney

Director of Product at Qredo Ltd

T: +44 7966 490687

Kemp House

152 - 160 City Road

London

EC1V 2NX

https://qredo.com<https://qredo.com/>

Qredo Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales (registered number 7834052). This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, and are intended only for the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient you may not copy, disclose to anyone else or otherwise use the content of this e-mail or any attachment thereto and should notify the sender immediately and delete them from your system.