Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ananya Dey <an...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/23 09:51:12 UTC

[users@httpd] Using redis for caching Apache requests

Hi,

I am trying to cache the requests coming on my Apache web server using the
mod_socache_redis module. After loading the module, I am sending a request
from Apache to my redis server in the following format-
SSLSessionCache redis://localhost:4321
4321 is the port on which the redis server has started.
However when I am checking the status of my redis server, there is no
update of the apache requests. Can anyone please guide me on how to go
about this? Particularly on how to set my request values onto the redis
cache directly from Apache.

Thanks
Ananya

Re: [users@httpd] Using redis for caching Apache requests

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
You will have to go out of your way to disable TLS tickets. In the course of
normal operations, you won't see many cached TLS sessions at all, because
the ticket is returned to the client, and the client re-presents that
ticket to
reestablish the session; no session caching required.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_ssl.html#sslsessiontickets

This is preferable to the session cache, so don't leave it disabled after
testing the session cache behavior. If you are running mod_status, you
can see the cached sessions stats.