Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Michael Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com> on 2002/03/12 16:28:15 UTC

external-graphic src syntax

Can someone show me the syntax to using
<fo:external-graphic>??

I have an image in the same directory as the stylsheet and have tried
this syntax:

<fo:block text-align="center">
     <fo:external-graphic src="logo.jpg"/>
</fo:block>

this syntax:

<fo:block text-align="center">
     <fo:external-graphic src="file:./logo.jpg"/>
</fo:block>

this syntax:
<fo:block text-align="center">
     <fo:external-graphic src="file://./logo.jpg"/>
</fo:block>

and none of them work.  I always get this error:
[ERROR]: Error while creating area : Error with image URL: ./logo.jpg
(No such file or directory) and no base directory is specified

I have compared this to the images.fo example document as well as the
W3C XSL spec and it doesn't work.
I can sort of get it to work using an external url like
"http://somewhere.com/logo.jpg" but when I do it that way my application
hangs and never comes back.

any ideas??