Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Bond - James D." <ja...@telesoft.com> on 2000/04/12 21:58:09 UTC

Session question

I have a question regarding application and session scope ....... if
you're running 2 different applications, and they are each in their own
'application' (context) ..... then do they share the same set of sessions
or are sessions a subset under each 'application' ?  To me the latter
would make more sense but I can't seem to find docs on this anywhere

> Kevin,
> Try this:
> http://www.metronet.com/~wjm/tomcat/
>
> Here, you can even search against this list.

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Mike Lazlo
> Technical Manager/DBA
> mlazlo@ndc-nfi.com
> 1-800-922-5088 ext. 4758
>

> Kevin Kovach wrote:
>
> > Is there an archive of this list I can get at? Thanks.
> >
> > - Kevin

James Dalrymple
Telesoft Corp.

Re: Session question

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
"Bond - James D." wrote:

> I have a question regarding application and session scope ....... if
> you're running 2 different applications, and they are each in their own
> 'application' (context) ..... then do they share the same set of sessions
> or are sessions a subset under each 'application' ?  To me the latter
> would make more sense but I can't seem to find docs on this anywhere

Per the Servlet API Specification, the sessions are *not* shared between
applications.  Neither are application-scope objects, or pretty much anything
else.  The intent is that applications be self contained units, and not able to
interfere with each other.

Craig McClanahan