Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Devaraj K <de...@huawei.com> on 2011/10/18 13:24:09 UTC

RE: Basic question on HDFS - MR

Stuti,

            No need to copy the job jar file to every machine in the
cluster. You can copy the jar file to the job tracker and execute it using
the 'jar' command. If you want to submit the job from the other
system/application, you can use the Job.submit() API to submit the job. Job
tracker will make use of the cluster to complete it.

Devaraj K

This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which
is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any
use of the
information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to,
total or partial
disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the
intended
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it!ss

  _____