Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/24 23:14:46 UTC

Documentation progress

So it looks like all the documentation has moved from Maven to Confluence.

I would love to see the top-level site (i.e.,
http://tapestry.apache.org) generated from Confluence, with links down
to the 5.2-dev site as "Project Documentation" or such.

I'd also like to delete the Maven apt format documentation; everything
should be up in Confluence.  The Maven documentation should just be
basic reports, JavaDoc, and component report.

I'm not seeing a lot of commits ... what's everyone's schedule looking
like?  I'm ready to push for a beta (if necessary, my clients can
switch from 5.2-x-SNAPSHOT to 5.3-x-SNAPSHOT, if they need features
that won't make the cutoff).

What's on everyone's "drop dead" list for features or bug fixes for
5.2 final?  I don't have very much  myself.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

(971) 678-5210
http://howardlewisship.com

Re: Documentation progress

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 11:06 AM, AndyB <an...@proquest.co.uk> wrote:

> I would like to see 5.2.1 released ASAP, to see if there's anything urgent
> that shakes out in the wild. Then hopefully 5.2.2 will see a final release
> in October...?

Agreed! ... the current trunk is very very stable IMHO.

Cheers
--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: Documentation progress

Posted by AndyB <an...@proquest.co.uk>.

Re: Documentation progress

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.
I guess the only remaining issue is the improvements of the class reloading
umbrella. I don't recall whether you already fixed it. The nightly builds
seam to be quite mature for a beta release.

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 11:14 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>wrote:

> So it looks like all the documentation has moved from Maven to Confluence.
>
> I would love to see the top-level site (i.e.,
> http://tapestry.apache.org) generated from Confluence, with links down
> to the 5.2-dev site as "Project Documentation" or such.
>
> I'd also like to delete the Maven apt format documentation; everything
> should be up in Confluence.  The Maven documentation should just be
> basic reports, JavaDoc, and component report.
>
> I'm not seeing a lot of commits ... what's everyone's schedule looking
> like?  I'm ready to push for a beta (if necessary, my clients can
> switch from 5.2-x-SNAPSHOT to 5.3-x-SNAPSHOT, if they need features
> that won't make the cutoff).
>
> What's on everyone's "drop dead" list for features or bug fixes for
> 5.2 final?  I don't have very much  myself.
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>
> Creator of Apache Tapestry

> (971) 678-5210
> http://howardlewisship.com

Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de

Re: Documentation progress

Posted by Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi !

2010/9/24 Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>:
> So it looks like all the documentation has moved from Maven to Confluence.
>
> I would love to see the top-level site (i.e.,
> http://tapestry.apache.org) generated from Confluence, with links down
> to the 5.2-dev site as "Project Documentation" or such.
>
> I'd also like to delete the Maven apt format documentation; everything
> should be up in Confluence.  The Maven documentation should just be
> basic reports, JavaDoc, and component report.
>
> I'm not seeing a lot of commits ... what's everyone's schedule looking
> like?

Currently, I have started to work on
http://github.com/ccordenier/tapestry5-hotel-booking with Tapestry
users, objective is to provide a representative application for the
community that will be given with a Wooki book
http://wookicentral.com/demo/book/2, this is an opportunity for me to
stabilize Wooki and continue Tapestry 5.2.1 testing

Also, I will start to do some profiling on it.

I insist on this, but hot reloading really increases development with
Tapestry ! so much that when i modify classes not managed by Tapestry
classloader, it reminds me how Tapestry is really amazing :)

>I'm ready to push for a beta (if necessary, my clients can
> switch from 5.2-x-SNAPSHOT to 5.3-x-SNAPSHOT, if they need features
> that won't make the cutoff).

I didn't find the time to work on TAP5-1263, but i don't think this is blocker

> What's on everyone's "drop dead" list for features or bug fixes for
> 5.2 final?  I don't have very much  myself.
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>
> Creator of Apache Tapestry

> (971) 678-5210
> http://howardlewisship.com

Christophe Cordenier.

Committer on Apache Tapestry 5
Co-creator of wooki @wookicentral.com

Re: Documentation progress

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
The documentation in confluence is for 5.1. I still need to merge in the 5.2 docs and mark the
differences between 5.1 and 5.2.

We also need some text for the front pages. Kalle Korhonnen volunteered to write something up, but I
haven't heard from him yet. An appeal to the community to contribute has been unsuccessful so far.

I recently switched projects at work and have a higher work load atm, meaning I have less time for
Tapestry. I thus won't contribute anything code-wise for 5.2.

Cheers,

Uli