Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Mathias Ricken <mg...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/03 04:07:31 UTC

"quiet" Formatter for Ant's JUnit Task

Hi!

I don't know if this is the right place for this announcement, but I
have created a different formatter for Ant's JUnit task. It is based
on "brief", and I decided to call it "quiet". It only prints any
output if a test fails. I found the output of "brief" still too
verbose.

For this change, I had to modify FormatterElement.java and
JUnitTask.java, and add QuietJUnitResultFormatter.java.

I created a website that has complete source and binary tar.gz
distributions of a modified Ant 1.7.0 available, as well as a tar.gz
file with just the three Java files named above. It is available at:

http://www.superscalar.org/files/apache-ant-1.7.0-quiet/

Please let me know if you have any interest in integrating this into
future versions of Ant, if I have unknowingly duplicated a feature, or
if I have done something else wrong.

I hope this will be helpful for someone.

Sincerely,

Mathias Ricken

Re: "quiet" Formatter for Ant's JUnit Task

Posted by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com>.
> Hi!

Hi,

> I don't know if this is the right place for this announcement, but I
> have created a different formatter for Ant's JUnit task. It is based
> on "brief", and I decided to call it "quiet". It only prints any
> output if a test fails. I found the output of "brief" still too
> verbose.
>
> For this change, I had to modify FormatterElement.java and
> JUnitTask.java, and add QuietJUnitResultFormatter.java.

Could you create a patch file using svn diff and open a bug
report/enhancement request on the ant bugzilla (linked from
ant.apache.org) and upload your patch to this?

Having a patch file helps us to evaluate the code more easily and will
allow us to get back to you with a yes|no for inclusion much more
quickly than having to check a whole source tree.

Thanks,
Kev