Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ch...@labware.com on 2006/11/17 14:03:32 UTC

INFO (org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector) - Redirect requested but followRedirects is disabled"

Hi All,
               I am using Jmeter 2.2 and my sampler is Http
RequestHTTPClient. I am using that to send web request to Tomcat 5.0.19
server. I know that during log out of my application there is a
redirection and I have the following two  checked boxes checked in all my
requests including the one for log out.
Follow Redirects
UseKeepAlive

Jmeter is doing the redirection and I can see that in the View Results
Tree listener as well. But I am getting the following message in my
Jmeter.log file which I couldnt understand because I have already set
"Follow Redirects" to true.

INFO (org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector) - Redirect
requested but followRedirects is disabled"

Can some one explain the reason for this weird behavior?

Regards,

Subhrajyoti
Mobile: +919830079545
Mail: choudhury@labware.com
Web: www.labware.com

LabWare LIMS Solutions - Results Count

Re: INFO (org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector) - Redirect requested but followRedirects is disabled"

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 17/11/06, Choudhury@labware.com <Ch...@labware.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>                I am using Jmeter 2.2 and my sampler is Http
> RequestHTTPClient. I am using that to send web request to Tomcat 5.0.19
> server. I know that during log out of my application there is a
> redirection and I have the following two  checked boxes checked in all my
> requests including the one for log out.
> Follow Redirects

This means that JMeter follows redirects

> UseKeepAlive
>
> Jmeter is doing the redirection and I can see that in the View Results
> Tree listener as well. But I am getting the following message in my
> Jmeter.log file which I couldnt understand because I have already set
> "Follow Redirects" to true.
>
> INFO (org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector) - Redirect
> requested but followRedirects is disabled"
>

> Can some one explain the reason for this weird behavior?

This is because "Redirect Automatically" is not enabled.

Redirect Automatically is handled by the HTTP protocol stack (not
JMeter) and is enabled or disabled by setting the appropriate options
in the stack.

It so happens that this option is called "followRedirects" by
HttpClient, which is where the confusion arises.

The message can be ignored - it is just saying that the HTTP Response
is a redirect, but HttpClient was asked to ignore redirects.

S.