Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de> on 2016/05/18 15:28:28 UTC

Move the website to Jekyll?

Hi,

as I am wrestling with REEF-1384, I am wondering whether we should move
away from maven-site for our website. I see the following deficiencies
in maven site, but maybe I am missing something:

   * No blog. Which makes it hard to share news.
   * The Markdown support seems to be different (worse) than elsewhere.

For my personal site[0], I had great success using Jekyll[1], which also
produces a static website. At ApacheCon, I learned that several other
projects also use it. Switching isn't free though:

   * Moving the current content over will take work.
   * Jekyll becomes a dependency for us.

What do you think?

Markus

Re: Move the website to Jekyll?

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@apache.org>.
I see. Thank you for confirming that.

Dongjoon.

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@apache.org>.
Thank you for answers, Markus.
Then, we are not heading to Jekyll yet. :)

Boris, I think you are the best person to update our homepage since you're
the release manager of 0.15. :)
You can assign REEF-1384 to yourself or close it if it's duplicated.

Thank you all!

Dongjoon.

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@apache.org>.
Hi, Markus.

In our homepage, 0.15 is not announced yet in `Download & APIs` section.
We had better update it as soon as possible.

I cannot find some related issue, so I made one, REEF-1416, for this.
It seems to be a little related to your issue REEF-1384.
But, if you don't mind, I can proceed REEF-1416 first.
It's just about one section. Is it okay for you?

By the way, when is the ETA for REEF-1384?

Warmly,
Dongjoon.

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
Uh oh, forgot the links: