Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by "Lenahan, Peter" <Pe...@ibi.com> on 2010/04/21 21:54:57 UTC

PDFBOX 465

Jukka,

There were 2 reports of problems with parsing dates for this problem.
In JIRA, I supplied a test program that corrects the issues, but I saw that there were no watchers.
Does this mean that no one sees the fix?

I fixed the problem in my version and was wondering if someone could take a look and put the changes into the main code.
It is a really simple fix, just adding additional date formats for the array of formats, in the date parser.

(You might remember me, from Apache Con in Oakland, I needed the unlock code for my phone and you found it really fast on the web.)

Thanks,
Peter

Date issues in several JIRA project can be resolved with an additional patch I provided.

Posted by "Lenahan, Peter" <Pe...@ibi.com>.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-643 Only resolved a small number of the date issues.

I looked at the date issue described in PDFBOX-643 and it is only a partial fix for a much complained about problem.
I posted another patch in project PDFBOX-643, which includes patches for several other related date issues.

I also linked the projects, with this patch I think we can close all of them.

PDFBOX-164-PDFBOX-170-PDFBOX-402-PDFBOX-465-patch.txt, these are all in the same file, and very similar issues.
All having to do with SimpleDateFormat.

Could someone possibly apply the patch to the trunk version?

Thanks,
Peter