Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Judy Nash <ju...@exchange.microsoft.com> on 2015/12/16 02:16:21 UTC

security testing on spark ?

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any effort from the community on security testing spark clusters.
I.e.
Static source code analysis to find security flaws
Penetration testing to identify ways to compromise spark cluster
Fuzzing to crash spark

Thanks,
Judy

Re: security testing on spark ?

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.
If the port 7077 is open for public on your cluster, that's all you need to
take over the cluster. You can read a bit about it here
https://www.sigmoid.com/securing-apache-spark-cluster/

You can also look at this small exploit I wrote
https://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/36562/

Thanks
Best Regards

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.