Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de> on 2004/03/24 21:53:40 UTC

Re: [HEADS UP] - Kinds of block dependencies.

On 24.03.2004 21:47, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>>There is no mention in blocks.properties that cocoon forms depends on
>>XSP. If XSP is excluded the cocoon forms samples won't run (due to
>>missing declaration of serverpages generator).
>
> Good point! Let's redefine dependencies by defining the kind of
> dependency. AFAIK, there are 2 kind of dependencies:
>
> 1-Component Level
> 2-Samples Level
>
> With (1) I think it is no way get rid of it, because it is an internal
> dependency (the block needs some services from other blocks to work
> properly).
>
> With (2) I disagree to "force" users to include a block in a build when
> the dependency is fully related to "samples of the block" that in
> production I will not use at all.
>
> That way I think we need to document the "kind" of dependency needed by
> the block.
>
> WDYT?

This issue came up already yesterday:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108008932822357&w=4
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108009263225792&w=4

I proposed to give the dependency a @type.

Joerg

Re: [HEADS UP] - Kinds of block dependencies.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Joerg Heinicke dijo:
> And what do you think about the proposal itself (@type)?

+1

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: [HEADS UP] - Kinds of block dependencies.

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 24.03.2004 22:10, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Joerg Heinicke dijo:
>
>>This issue came up already yesterday:
>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108008932822357&w=4
>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=108009263225792&w=4
>>
>>I proposed to give the dependency a @type.
>

> Hi Joerg:
>
> What a weird subject the mails have, right? It is very dificult by the
> subject to know you are doing a proposal of these kind inside! :-D

Hehe, yes this happens when the subject (= content) of a mail changes
while the subject (line) does not change :) Even worse when it comes out
of a commit message.

> Please, next time change the subject focus attention on it.  ;-)

Yes, we should change more often the subject, but unfortunately this
breaks http://marc.theaimsgroup.com list view.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Joerg Heinicke dijo: