Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org> on 2015/12/08 04:54:08 UTC

Preparation for Release

This is probably unnecessary, but I wanted to make sure everyone
understands the requirements for casting binding votes in favor of a
release. See http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy

In particular "Before casting +1 binding votes, individuals are REQUIRED
to download all signed source code packages onto their own hardware,
verify that they meet all requirements of ASF policy on releases as
described below, validate all cryptographic signatures, compile as
provided, and test the result on their own platform."

I am preparing for this by working on being able to build and test River
on one of my computers.

Patricia