Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by "Hubert, Eric" <er...@jamba.net> on 2008/05/16 01:59:13 UTC

SynapseCommodityServiceTest broken after fix of SYNAPSE-311

Hi all,

at least on Windows (but I guess the same applies to Unix) the SynapseCommodityServiceTest is broken. I suspect this is due to the following change in ServerManager:

     public void setSynapseXMLPath(String synapseXMLPath) {
-        this.synapseXMLPath = synapseXMLPath;
+        if (!new File(synapseXMLPath).isAbsolute()) {
+            this.synapseXMLPath = synapseHome + File.separator + synapseXMLPath;
+        } else {
+            this.synapseXMLPath = synapseXMLPath;
+        }
     }

The condition is evaluated to true, but synapseHome is null which results in an invald path.

I don't know what's the proper fix to that. Maybe the Unit-Test has to set the SynapseHome appropriately.
Adding a line like:
ServerManager.getInstance().setSynapseHome(".");
in the setUp()-method of the test would let the test pass. Even if it passes the test synapse complaints about the missing
file ././../../repository/conf/sample/resources/fault, which indeed does not exist. But this seems to be only a warning as a result of a failed lookup using the registry. Anyway a default value will be used.

StackTrace for reference:
org.apache.synapse.SynapseException: Cannot load Synapse configuration from : null\./../../repository/conf/sample/resources/misc/synapse.xml
 at org.apache.synapse.config.SynapseConfigurationBuilder.handleException(SynapseConfigurationBuilder.java:105)
 at org.apache.synapse.config.SynapseConfigurationBuilder.getConfiguration(SynapseConfigurationBuilder.java:84)
 at org.apache.synapse.core.axis2.SynapseInitializationModule.getConfiguration(SynapseInitializationModule.java:161)
 at org.apache.synapse.core.axis2.SynapseInitializationModule.init(SynapseInitializationModule.java:84)
 at org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.initModules(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:226)
 at org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.init(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:204)
 at org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContext(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:80)
 at org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:184)
 at org.apache.synapse.n2n.SynapseCommodityServiceTest.setUp(SynapseCommodityServiceTest.java:67)
 at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUnit3TestReference.java:130)
 at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
 at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
 at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
 at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
 at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: null\.\..\..\repository\conf\sample\resources\misc\synapse.xml (Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden)
 at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
 at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.synapse.config.SynapseConfigurationBuilder.getConfiguration(SynapseConfigurationBuilder.java:77)
 ... 18 more

Regards,
   Eric

Re: SynapseCommodityServiceTest broken after fix of SYNAPSE-311

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Eric,

Yeah. I think your understanding on this is correct :-)

Thanks,
Ruwan

Ruwan Linton

Re: AW: SynapseCommodityServiceTest broken after fix of SYNAPSE-311

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi Eric

Can you get an update of Synapse, I've fixed this issue caused by my
fault..

asankha

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric/Asankha,