Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch> on 2002/06/18 22:11:31 UTC

Re: [SUBMIT] Timezone support for date elements of pattern layout

At 22:55 15.06.2002 -0700, mwomack@apache.org wrote:
>This code was submitted to me directly by someone that wished to remain
>anonymous and didn't want to handle the submission process themselves.  I
>told them I would shepard this change through review and checkin, if
>accepted.  This was some time ago, and I just got a chance to review the
>changes and apply them to the current version of the code.

I am sorry but we cannot accept anonymous contributions. The anonymous
benefactor must decline his/her identity and must be the legal
copyright holder.  Otherwise, I have to ask all log4j developers to
stop studying the code submitted by the anonymous contributor.
Moreover, we cannot use that code to patch existing log4j source.

The copyright applies to the source code and not to the idea of having
a timezone parameter delimited by a special character.  As long as we
don't use or refer to the "suspicious" source code, we can freely
discuss the issue of a second timezone parameter.

--
Ceki