Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2004/07/30 22:35:58 UTC

and update timestamp even if overwrite="false"

I have noticed that the <copy> and <move> tasks update the file timestamp even
if overwrite="false", making it somewhat hard to determine whether it is only
touching the file or actually ignoring the overwrite="false".  So, I have two
questions....

1. What is actually happening, a mere "touch" of the file or an invalid overwrite?
2. If it is only a mere "touch", should this be considered buggy behavior?  Can
the "touch" be avoided?

BTW, why is the "overwrite" default for <copy> "false" while it is "true" for
<move>?  Is that an oversight which now can't be changed to preserve backward
compatibility, or is there a logical reason for the difference?

Jake