Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org> on 2017/06/16 00:54:10 UTC

Clarification/typo on release votes (Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tamaya 0.3-incubating)

On 6/15/17 1:11 PM, Oliver B. Fischer wrote:

> Please note:
> This vote is a "majority approval" with a minimum of three +1 votes and
> no -1’s (see [4]).

Just wanted to point out that your description of majority approval is
wrong. You need at least 3 +1's and more +1's than -1's. -1's are not
vetos in this case :)

(since I had to be anal about it and correct you, let me take a look at
your RC too :P)

Re: Clarification/typo on release votes (Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tamaya 0.3-incubating)

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.
The third condition is implied by the second one.

I do not believe the second condition is implied by "Votes on whether
a package is ready to be released use majority approval -- i.e., at
least three PMC members must vote affirmatively for release, and there
must be more positive than negative votes." or "Refers to a vote
(sense 1) which has completed with at least three binding +1 votes and
more +1 votes than -1 votes. ( I.e. , a simple majority with a minimum
quorum of three positive votes.) Note that in votes requiring majority
approval a -1 vote is simply a vote against, not a veto. Compare
Consensus Approval. See also the description of the voting process."

http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.