Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2004/12/21 14:05:34 UTC

Maven properties having problems of some kind.

Brett,

The POM contains;
    <dependency>
      <groupId>geronimo-spec</groupId>
      <artifactId>geronimo-spec-jta</artifactId>
      <version>1.0.1B-rc1</version>
    </dependency>

    <dependency>
      <groupId>geronimo-spec</groupId>
      <artifactId>geronimo-spec-javamail</artifactId>
      <version>1.3.1-rc1</version>
    </dependency>

And the Gump descriptor has;
    <depend property="maven.jar.geronimo-spec-jta" project="jta" id="jta" />
    <depend property="maven.jar.geronimo-spec-javamail" project="javamail"
id="javamail" />

What reasons could there be that the build reports;

The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependencies:
geronimo-spec-jta-1.0.1B-rc1.jar
geronimo-spec-javamail-1.3.1-rc1.jar

This is for directory-naming-factory.

Any clue?

Cheers
Niclas
--
   +------//-------------------+
  / http://www.dpml.net       /

Re: Maven properties having problems of some kind.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> wrote:

>> Yes, but as children of project and not of maven.  The property
>> attribute doesn't have a meaning there.
>
> Hmmm... Ok. Hope you don't mind that I say it is somewhat
> confusing...

Oh, I absolutely agree.

That's why I've chosen to not support nested <depend> in
<depend> in <maven>.

Stefan

Re: Maven properties having problems of some kind.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Tuesday 21 December 2004 21:17, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> wrote:
> > And the Gump descriptor has;
> >     <depend property="maven.jar.geronimo-spec-jta" project="jta" id="jta"
> > /> <depend property="maven.jar.geronimo-spec-javamail" project="javamail"
> > id="javamail" />
>
> Yes, but as children of project and not of maven.  The property
> attribute doesn't have a meaning there.

Hmmm... Ok. Hope you don't mind that I say it is somewhat confusing...

> I'll change the descriptor.

Thanks
Niclas
--
  / http://www.dpml.net       /

Re: Maven properties having problems of some kind.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.