Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by JumpStart <ge...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/01 08:38:09 UTC

New update site for anjlab/eclipse-tapestry5-plugin

Does anyone know whether there is a new update site for the Eclipse plugin anjlab/eclipse-tapestry5-plugin ?

With the original site we're getting:

HTTP Server 'Bad Gateway' : https://dl.bintray.com/anjlab/eclipse-tapestry5-plugin/content.xml
HttpComponents connection error response code 502.

I really loved this plugin, so it’s a shame to see the good work go to waste.

Cheers,

Geoff

Re: New update site for anjlab/eclipse-tapestry5-plugin

Posted by Dmitry Gusev <dm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Hosting on GitHub's raw repository worked, the new update site is here:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wiki/anjlab/eclipse-tapestry5-plugin/update-site

I've also released a change from an open PR, a fix for handling file
separators properly on Windows:

https://github.com/anjlab/eclipse-tapestry5-plugin/releases/tag/2.13.6

Regards,
Dmitry

--
Dmitry Gusev

AnjLab Team
http://anjlab.com

Re: New update site for anjlab/eclipse-tapestry5-plugin

Posted by Ben Weidig <be...@netzgut.net>.
Thank you Dmitry!

Posted by JumpStart <ge...@gmail.com>.
Magnificent, thank you.

Posted by Dmitry Gusev <dm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Until we find a better way of hosting the update site we can use GitHub
releases:
https://github.com/anjlab/eclipse-tapestry5-plugin/releases

I just published new version and updated installation instructions in
README:
https://github.com/anjlab/eclipse-tapestry5-plugin#install

There's also a quick note on how to build the project locally should
you need it:
https://github.com/anjlab/eclipse-tapestry5-plugin#how-to-build

Regards,
Dmitry

On Tue, Mar 1, 2022 at 10:38 AM Ben Weidig <be...@netzgut.net> wrote:

> Hi Geoff,
>
> AFAIK there's no alternative since bintray was shutdown.
> We've tried to get it up and running, but Eclipse Plugin stuff is weird...
>
> In theory you can copy it directly into a dropins folder, or put in in the
> correct location.
> But it hasn't worked for us reliably, or even at all, and most
> documentation is outdated.
>
> Only thing that worked was setting up Plugin-Development in Eclipse and
> running the plugin directly, because it gets installed that way. But I
> can't remember how much work was needed to get it up and running.
>
> Maybe we give it another try and create a how-to guide.
> Or even better, hosting it somewhere for easier usage.
>
> Cheers
> Ben
>

> On Tue, Mar 1, 2022 at 9:38 AM JumpStart <
> geoff.callender.jumpstart@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know whether there is a new update site for the Eclipse
> plugin
> > anjlab/eclipse-tapestry5-plugin ?
> >
> > With the original site we're getting:
> >
> > HTTP Server 'Bad Gateway' :
> > https://dl.bintray.com/anjlab/eclipse-tapestry5-plugin/content.xml
> > HttpComponents connection error response code 502.
> >
> > I really loved this plugin, so it’s a shame to see the good work go to
> > waste.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Geoff

Dmitry Gusev

AnjLab Team
http://anjlab.com

Re: New update site for anjlab/eclipse-tapestry5-plugin

Posted by Ben Weidig <be...@netzgut.net>.
Hi Geoff,