Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Johnson, S" <sj...@edina.k12.mn.us> on 2005/04/28 20:33:36 UTC

Autolearn with exchange or groupwise

I'm working on getting things optimized fully in our filter.  I think
the spammers have been working over time lately.

Once the message has left the linux spamassassin and forwarded onto a
mail server, say exchange or groupwise.  How can I save the message so
that SA could autolearn the message?  The headers and such are not saved
if I copy and paste the mail into a text file.  I also don't want to set
up a folder that would automatically pick up "spam" messages.  (people
don't seem to know the difference between a mail list and spam so it
would have to be manually checked)

Thanks

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Confidentiality Notice

If the information in this electronic communication relates to an individual pupil, it is a confidential pupil record under Minnesota Law and may not be reviewed, distributed, or copied by any person other than the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. This electronic communication is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any further review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this electronic communication or any attachment thereto is strictly prohibited. If you have received an electronic communication in error, you should immediately return it to the sender and delete it from your system.

Re: Autolearn with exchange or groupwise

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
Johnson, S wrote:

> I’m working on getting things optimized fully in our filter. I think
> the spammers have been working over time lately.
>
> Once the message has left the linux spamassassin and forwarded onto a
> mail server, say exchange or groupwise.

Many have made suggestions about Exchange, so I'll leave that topic alone.

In Groupwise, if you right click the message and select "view" instead
of "open", you will be able to see a list of attachments to the message.
The attachment named "mime.822" is the complete message, with full
headers and mime sections. This file can be fed to sa-learn.

If you "open" the message, recent versions of groupwise will hide this
attachment to avoid confusing users, but it's still accessible if you
"view" it.