Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Keith Pemberton <ga...@charter.net> on 2002/09/13 20:45:22 UTC

Setting web app to use mysql driver...

Hi all,

    I have a webapp that depends on a mysql database in order for the person to login to the app.  How do I get the app to recognize the jar file that contains the drivers for connecting to the database?  Thanks in advance!

Keith

Re: Setting web app to use mysql driver...

Posted by Carrie Salazar <sa...@nature.berkeley.edu>.
Not exactly sure I have the question right.  You mean a mysql connector
jar file? You should be able to drop it in Tomcat's lib directory and
set up the environment variable CLASSPATH to point directly to the jar.
--
carrie s.

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 01:45:22PM -0500, Keith Pemberton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>     I have a webapp that depends on a mysql database in order for the person to login to the app.  How do I get the app to recognize the jar file that contains the drivers for connecting to the database?  Thanks in advance!
>
> Keith

Re: Setting web app to use mysql driver...

Posted by da...@yahoo.com.
If your are using Realms, then modify
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml to include the context
for the web app and a realm for mysql (there is a
sample realm for mysql in the server.xml file already)
under the appropriate service/engine and optionally
host.  Place the actual JDBC driver in either
$CATALINA_HOME/common/lib (used by server and web
apps) or $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib (used by catalina
only).  Try also reading the REALM-HOWTO located at
Apache Jakarta-Tomcat
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/realm-howto.html).

There are also other ways including using .war files
that this same functionality can be made available
with the deployment descriptor .../WEB-INF/web.xml for
your web app.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.