Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kuldeep Tewari <ku...@fiserv.co.in> on 2006/05/29 15:22:11 UTC

Help needed:Context Creation Failed.

Hi!

 I'm using Tomcat 5.0.27, and trying to setup my application (that is
working fine) on a different machine with the same directory structure
as in my machine.

I'm adding one more new host tag(with name="<<My Machine's network
name>>" ...) inside the original server.xml file and and two context
inside this new host. My problem is that during startup the tomcat
server windows is closing down abruptly.

When I remove the context tags from the newly added Host tag, the server
starts normally.

On seeing the logs, i get the following message:

NamingContextListener [/Standalone/localhost/<context path>]: Creation
of the naming context failed: javax.naming.NamingException: Context is
read only

Creation of the naming context failed: javax.naming.NamingException:
Context is read only.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

KT.

Re: Help needed:Context Creation Failed.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Did you setup each context as described
Did you setup crossContext = true so that multiple context's will route to other RequestDispatcher's configured within VirtualHost?

M-

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Kuldeep Tewari wrote:
> NamingContextListener [/Standalone/localhost/<context path>]: Creation
> of the naming context failed: javax.naming.NamingException: Context is
> read only
>
> Creation of the naming context failed: javax.naming.NamingException:
> Context is read only.

Can you provide 1) your server.xml and 2) the full stack trace?

Mark