Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com> on 2013/05/27 14:50:52 UTC

CSV Screen Widgets

What is the purpose of CSV screen widgets? CSV is a flat file format, so
I can't see the purpose of having CSV forms and trees.

The CSV FreeMarker macros basically do nothing except make a poor
attempt to escape double quotes. So, the CSV widget implementation is
mostly non-existent and flawed.

-Adrian

Re: CSV Screen Widgets

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ma...@librenberry.net>.
I used the csv screen widget to create quick list report to open office
on customer site.

Le 27/05/2013 14:50, Adrian Crum a écrit :
> What is the purpose of CSV screen widgets? CSV is a flat file format,
> so I can't see the purpose of having CSV forms and trees.
>
> The CSV FreeMarker macros basically do nothing except make a poor
> attempt to escape double quotes. So, the CSV widget implementation is
> mostly non-existent and flawed.
Indeed, it's not easy to create a complex list with it. But for a light
level, it's works.

Nicolas

--
Nicolas MALIN