Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/19 12:09:05 UTC

docs question

Hi,

Question #1:
------------------

With the new move to RTD we need to agree on a URL naming convention.

Currently we have one CNAME that points to RTD site (don't worry about the content on that page):

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org

Using RTD sub projects features this gives us the following URLs to get to the admin and install guide.

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration

The cloudstack-installation and cloudstack-administration are not changeable, RTD does not allow to change that.

Are we fine with this ? It seems a bit long to me.

If we are not fine with this, the alternative is to create other CNAMEs via apache infra to point to those guides.

Question #2:
------------------

What do we want the landing page http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org to have ?

On the cloudstack.apache.org website I was thinking of extending the tab to link to each guide. This would work well with a CNAME per guide.
But if we keep a single link to 'DOCS' on our main website, then the question of the docs landing page is there.

what say you folks ?

-Sebastien

Re: [DOCS] Re: docs question

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.
I like this workflow.  I'm not experienced with pull request, hope it's not
be complicated for a doc repo...

Stagging site seams perfect !

Pierre-Luc Dion
514-447-3456, 1101
- - -

*CloudOps*420 rue Guy
Montréal QC  H3J 1S6
www.cloudops.com
@CloudOps_

[DOCS] Re: docs question

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.

Re: docs question

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 19, 2014, at 12:09 PM, sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Question #1:
> ------------------
>
> With the new move to RTD we need to agree on a URL naming convention.
>
> Currently we have one CNAME that points to RTD site (don't worry about the content on that page):
>
> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org
>
> Using RTD sub projects features this gives us the following URLs to get to the admin and install guide.
>
> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation
> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration
>
> The cloudstack-installation and cloudstack-administration are not changeable, RTD does not allow to change that.
>
> Are we fine with this ? It seems a bit long to me.
>
> If we are not fine with this, the alternative is to create other CNAMEs via apache infra to point to those guides.
>
> Question #2:
>
> What do we want the landing page http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org to have ?
>
> On the cloudstack.apache.org website I was thinking of extending the tab to link to each guide. This would work well with a CNAME per guide.
> But if we keep a single link to 'DOCS' on our main website, then the question of the docs landing page is there.
>

> what say you folks ?

To illustrate a bit, check: