Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by se...@gmx.de on 2007/03/21 09:57:00 UTC

Data binding questions

Hi,

I have some questions about data binding:

We have a rather complex wsdl, which does not work with axis 1.x WSDL2Java. Therefore we are planning to move to a newer SOAP engine.

Our partner recommends to use XFire with XMLbeans, but I want to give Axis 2 a try, too. If I use XMLbeans binding, WSDL2Java crashes with some unresolved references in WSDL during generation. XMLBeans single Ant task (org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.tool.XMLBean) works without any problems! There seems to be a problem with XMLBeans integration into WSDL2Java.

- Can I use custom generated XMLBeans-jar (by own XMLBeans ant task) for axis2 (like XFire does)?

- Generally speaking, would you recommend to use ADB or XMLBeans? We do not need XMLBeans in out other application layers. So the decision would only depend on Axis2.

Thanks for answers!
Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: www.gmx.net/de/go/mailfooter/promail-out

Re: Data binding questions

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
have a look at with a nighly build.

--
Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Data binding questions

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by se...@gmx.de.

Datum: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:40:29 +0100
Von: seehamster@gmx.de
An: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Data binding questions

Datum: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 19:17:23 +0100
Von: seehamster@gmx.de
An: axis-user@ws.apache.org

Datum: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:06:46 +0100
Von: seehamster@gmx.de
An: axis-user@ws.apache.org

Datum: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:06:46 +0100
Von: seehamster@gmx.de
An: axis-user@ws.apache.org

Datum: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:09:11 +0100
Von: seehamster@gmx.de
An: axis-user@ws.apache.org

Re: Data binding questions

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
> We have to maintain old Axis 1.x clients and a lot of other jar's in
> different versions used by our application and axis2.
>
> if you go to Axis2 1.1.1 lib directory you can see set of jar files which
consists of all the jars you need in either server and client.
Since you use only a xmlbeans client (without any additional modules)
 from the jars prefixed axis2 you may omit
adb, adb-codegen,codegen,java2wsdl,jibx,jaxbri,tools,xmlbeans, rahas,
security, secpolicy
and all jaxb and jibx jars.

As I remember there was disscussion (where dims hava good explanation) about
this earlier as well. (try to find that thread)

--
Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Data binding questions

Posted by se...@gmx.de.
update:
After removing all inner parts of the WSDL as suggested, I was able to generate a Stub. Then I have removed all XMLBeans stuff and used the "real" xmlbeans-jar. Finally, I could to sent a request against an XFire server successfully. :-)

Datum: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 18:34:40 +0530
Von: "Amila Suriarachchi" <am...@gmail.com>
An: axis-user@ws.apache.org

Re: Data binding questions

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

Datum: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 17:32:26 +0530
Von: "Amila Suriarachchi" <am...@gmail.com>
An: axis-user@ws.apache.org

> On 3/21/07, seehamster@gmx.de <se...@gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for fast response. Unfortunately I cannot post the WSDL due to
> > legal reasons. Sorry!
>

> Are  you testing with the Axis2 1.1.1 or with nightly builds?

1.1.1

> Is there a way, to integrate a generated XML beans jar (and skip the
> > generation error)?
>

> You should be able to interage the XML beans jar seperately.
>
> Does it generates the Skelton and stub classes correctly?

No, generation stops immediately and no classes are generated.

> If not try some thing like this to generate stub and skelton correctly.
> Remove all the elements except the elements which are directly call by the
> wsdl messages.
> then remove the inner parts of the elements and complex types of the
> remaining elements as well.
> basically you keep minimal set of elements to comple the wsdl.
>
> So if you generate the code now it should generate the stub and skelton
> classes correctly. since there only simple complex and elements (I hope
> you
> got my point).

I will try to remove all parts from WSDL, which are not directly part of the service interface. After that I will use the already generated XMLBeans jar, containg the "real" beans. I wonder, if this will work reliantly.
Would you recommend to use Axis2 (1.1.1) in production?

> then integrate the correct classes by generating them seperately.
>
> One other question in Xfier case what it generates when you data bind with
> xmlbeans?

With XFire I have to generate XMLbeans before and add them to their ANT generation-task classpath. As result, a service interface using XMLBeans is generated (and other stub stuff).

Re: Data binding questions

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.

Datum: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:09:42 +0000
Von: "Paul Fremantle" <pz...@gmail.com>