Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org> on 2013/01/03 15:19:58 UTC

Unable to create media wiki account

Alexander

I see that the entire user creation system has changed..... When you
said that you were unable to create an account using your gmail account,
I assumed that this was related to users not being able to create
accounts. This seems to have changed with an interesting new captcha
systems that should keep spammers down.

I had not anticipated that gmail accounts are not disallowed on media
wiki because they are considered temporary email accounts.

I was aware that "temporary email address" sites would be disallowed, I
was not aware that gmail was included in this list. I am posting this
email to the dev mailing list where those more in the know than I can
respond.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php

Re: Unable to create media wiki account

Posted by Alexander Krasowski <kr...@gmail.com>.
Got it, thanks!

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi.

Posted by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.

Posted by Alexander Krasowski <kr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
Sorry try now...there was a slight misunderstanding between me and php.

How I wish php knew the instruction "rpm" :-)

Jan I.

Posted by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.
HI.