Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com> on 2013/04/03 17:24:20 UTC

Fediz IDP refactored, next steps

All,

The Fediz IDP got refactored to leverage the flow management capabilities provided by spring web flow (see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FEDIZ-41)

Thanks Thierry for the contribution!

I'd like to do one improvement before starting with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FEDIZ-3.

Instead of implementing our own spring webflow actions to handle different authentication mechanism we should use spring security instead as this will provide more authentication features to the Fediz IDP (basic auth, form based, etc). We can still use the STS to do the authentication as Spring Security provides customization for username/password validation.

What do you think?

Thanks

Oli

RE: Fediz IDP refactored, next steps

Posted by Oliver Wulff <ow...@talend.com>.
Patch applied. Thanks Thierry.

Posted by Beucher Thierry <th...@atos.net>.

Posted by Beucher Thierry <th...@atos.net>.
Thanks Oli,

Ok, your suggestion sounds to me very interesting.
It would provide a more declarative way to configure the IDP and probably would reduce the flow complexity.

I started to explore this track on basis of your patch.
I will attempt to rebuild the flow in compliance with this patch.

Thanks

Thierry