Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "P, Nataraj (Nokia - IN)" <na...@nokia.com> on 2016/07/15 09:14:40 UTC

[users@httpd] Enabling partial download in apache

Hi all,
Is partial/parallel downloading enabled in apache by default?
I am using apache 2.4.6 on ubuntu/centos
I tried a http client application called "axel" for my experiments.
When I try downloading a file from apache, I do not get accelerated throughput, but when I download from a different server, I see improved throughput.

I would like to know what other factors affect the throughput of the file download (file type, request type, etc?)

Thanks,
Nataraj