Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Lise Friesen <fr...@hotmail.com> on 2015/02/01 13:06:02 UTC

Downloading SDK

On the seventh box in the SDK installer, I get the error:

(IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable-false eventPhase=2 text='Error #2032" errorID=2032)

I tried again; same error. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Lane.

Re: Downloading SDK

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 2/1/15, 11:47 PM, "Lane Friesen" <de...@live.com> wrote:

>Yes, I can manually download it. I have it in my downloads folder right
>now.
>
>I do not have Apache Ant installed. I haven't worked with it before but I
>have seen what appear to be good instructions posted. I can download it
>and
>follow the instructions on installing the SDK with Ant if you would
>suggest
>going that route. I would then bypass the SDK Installer from now on.

It would be interesting to see if it you can successfully use Ant to
install the SDK.  I have a unproven suspicion that the Installer’s
downloader is more sensitive than Ant’s downloader.  Your data point would
help prove it.  Plus, having Ant installed makes it easier to script
builds as your application becomes more complex, unless you are already
using Maven or some other build tool.

There is another potential workaround for the installer where you put a
file called local.properties in the folder where you want the SDK
installed.  You can then supply alternate URLs for the downloads the
installer will use.  Then you can select that folder in the Installer.

So, if the SWFObject download is sitting in your download folder, you
might put the following in local.properties (replace userid with whatever
your actual user id is):

swfobject.url.server=file:///C:/Users/userid
swfobject.url.folder=Downloads

HTH,
-Alex

Re: Downloading SDK

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Re: Downloading SDK

Re: Downloading SDK

Re: Downloading SDK Problem Solved

Posted by Lane Friesen <la...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

Aha, that's it. Hate to admit it, but I'm still using Windows XP for
production. Everyone else in our home is on Windows 7 and I maintain their
machines, but mine still works great (never any problems before this one)
and I've got a lot of integrated software on it.

Point is, I also always use Firefox and never IE. When I went to IE (version
8) as you requested, it wanted me to load the latest Flash Player for IE. It
installed OK but after a successful install no longer brought up the SDK
Installer successfully. That's the problem. Something about the combination
of Windows XP, IE 8 and the various versions of Flash doesn't mesh properly
with the SDK Installer.

Of course, when I went to another machine, it was Windows 7, because no one
else in our home is still on XP. Then it worked properly, even though I
again used Firefox. I presume the IE libraries were OK on the newer machine.

Perceptive on your part,

Lane.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Lane,

Re: Downloading SDK

Posted by Lane Friesen <la...@hotmail.com>.
Tried deleting contents of folder, retaining only a named empty folder which
is chosen then as the SDK destination, and loading only required items and
not the optional items. Same error again.

Lane.

Re: Downloading SDK

Posted by Mukesh Sharma 3 <ms...@sapient.com>.