Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alessio Sangalli <al...@manoweb.com> on 2003/07/23 10:30:37 UTC

troubles installing cocoon

Hi, I've been using cocoon since prerelases of version 2. HOwever today
I've made a new and clean install, on Linux with sun's jdk 1.4.2, tomcat
4.1.24-LE, cocoon 2.0.4.

Tomcat works nicely but when I install the cocoon war and I access its
uri I got this:

Cocoon 2 - Internal server error

type fatal

message Failed to generate program code (this may happen if you use
Xalan in incremental processing mode). Please check log file and/or
console for errors.

description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to generate
program code (this may happen if you use Xalan in incremental processing
mode). Please check log file and/or console for errors.

source Cocoon servlet

stack-trace

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to generate program code
(this may happen if you use Xalan in incremental processing mode).
Please check log file and/or console for errors.
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.generateResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:395)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.createResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:353)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:312)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:267)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

request-uri

/cocoon/

path-info

in the error log I have the same exact error. I've made absolutely no
change in any configuration file......

ciao e grazie
as

--

How to build a lirc receiver
http://www.manoweb.com/alesan/lirc

Re: troubles installing cocoon

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Alessio Sangalli wrote:
> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
>> What was your JDK and Cocoon version with the last install?
>
> the last install? I wrote all the versions I've used this time:

Hmm, ok. Many people only update the current install and have then a
problem with the compatibility of the XML libraries.

>  >> today I've made a new and clean install, on Linux with sun's jdk
>  >> 1.4.2, tomcat 4.1.24-LE, cocoon 2.0.4.
>
> I've donwloaded sun's jdk 1.4.1_3 and now cocoon 204 works...!

I wonder if this is really the reason or only by accident. Do you know
something about the endorsed libs problem? Sun provides XML libraries
with the 1.4er JDKs, which *can* cause strange effects because of
incompatibility:

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=NoMoreDtmIdError
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=EndorsedLibsProblem

Regards,

Joerg

Re: troubles installing cocoon

Posted by Alessio Sangalli <al...@manoweb.com>.

Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> What was your JDK and Cocoon version with the last install?

the last install? I wrote all the versions I've used this time:

 >> today I've made a new and clean install, on Linux with sun's jdk
 >> 1.4.2, tomcat 4.1.24-LE, cocoon 2.0.4.

I've donwloaded sun's jdk 1.4.1_3 and now cocoon 204 works...!

bye
as

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
What was your JDK and Cocoon version with the last install?

Try to copy the xalan*.jar, xmlapis.jar, xercesImpl*.jar from
TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib/ to TOMCAT_HOME/common/endorsed/.

Regards,

Joerg