Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Mustafa Mahudhawala <mu...@pn3.vsnl.net.in> on 2001/06/30 05:50:49 UTC

embpcgi.pl problem

Hello friends,
Having a wierd problem,

I am working on a server where I am trying to pass certain embperl files
thro embpcgi.pl
The Server As Shown Below has is compiled with mod_perl,
But no embperl configuration is done i.e no Files Match *.epl or /embperl/
etc
And I do not have root access to configure the same.

I had the administrator install Embperl (HTML-Embperl 1.3.3) thro CPAN
without modperl support.
(The Patched Sources are not available as the server is RedHat 6.1 and
apache was installed thro' RPM)

Whenever I try to access any URL thro embpcgi.pl I get this error.
Even PLAIN HTM, which is ok directly.
Perl CGI Scripts written using CGI.pm wok perfect.

But on the command line I tried running the same embperl files through
embexec.pl
-- Its runs flawlessly & the O/P when redirected to .html file can be viewed
correctly thro browser.

-------- Error------
to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the
error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the
error.

[14227]ERR: 13: Line 36: Missing right $]

Apache/1.3.6 (Unix) PHP/3.0.16 mod_perl/1.21 mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.2b
HTML::Embperl 1.3.3 [Fri Jun 29 13:20:39 2001]
---------------------

I had a similiar problem before once, trying to use non-modperl EMBPERL thro
mod-perl enabled apache.
Then it was not much critical.

Is it possible to use a non-modperl EMPBERL thro mod-perl enabled apache ??
Without modifying httpd.conf ??

Incase I do need to compile using mod-perl,
do the Patched Apache Sources HAVE to be of the running apache ???
Or I can simply use any other apache sources (Patched for mod-perl)

Any Help of directions will be highly appreciated.
Thanx & Regards
Mustafa M

Re: embpcgi.pl problem

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
>[14227]ERR: 13: Line 36: Missing right $]

It's hard to say what's going wrong here. I have to see the page that cause
the error, to have any idea.

There is no problem running Embperl as CGI, also the server has mod_perl
compiled in

Gerald

P.S. I am out of office for the next week, so I am not able to answer before
july, 8.