Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by 呉 ゴウ <ho...@yahoo.co.jp> on 2002/09/24 11:42:30 UTC

batik1.1.1 Rasterizer+jdk1.4.1 can't transe to jpg correctly

When I use rasterizer batik1.1 with jdk1.4.1 ,I find it
can not transfer to jpg correctly. Only a white jpg show.
While i use jdk1.3 ,it transfer to jpg correctly.
And I find that batik1.5 with jdk1.4.1 aslo works
correctly.
Batik1.1 and batik1.5 both works well with png file under
jdk1.4.1.
I think it because batik use its owner codec for png file
while use sun's codec for jpg. So when I update my jdk
form 1.3 to 1.4. rasterizer does not work well.
Would anyone find a way to solve such problem?

RE: batik1.1.1 Rasterizer+jdk1.4.1 can't transe to jpg correctly

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

H> But we can't update to batik1.5 now for customer requirement.

   This is unfortunate...

H> Would you like to tell me the detail about the bug?  (which java
H> file contain the bug? or what is the reason the bug injected?)  so
H> we may modify it to adapt jdk1.4.1.  Thank you again.

   From memory the problem is in
batik.transcoder.image.JPEGTranscoder.  In that class we get a
Graphics2D from a BufferedImage and we called 'dispose()' on the
object after drawing the background color (white) but before drawing
the SVG, simply moving the call to dispose after drawing the SVG (the
call to drawRenderedImage) fixes the bug.

RE: batik1.1.1 Rasterizer+jdk1.4.1 can't transe to jpg correctly

Posted by 呉 ゴウ <ho...@yahoo.co.jp>.
Thanks to Thomas.
But we can't update to batik1.5 now for customer
requirement.
Would you like to tell me the detail about the bug?
(which java file contain the bug? or what is the reason
the bug injected?)
so we may modify it to adapt jdk1.4.1.
Thank you again.

 --- Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com> からの