Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk> on 2010/12/01 00:16:10 UTC

Re: Large Hdd-Space using during commit/optimize

I don't know who you are replying to here, but...

There's nothing to stop you doing:

 * import 2m docs
 * sleep 2 days
 * import 2m docs
 * sleep 2 days
 * repeat above until done
 * commit

There's no reason why you should commit regularly. If you need to slow
down for your DB, do, but that doesn't mean you need to increase the
frequency of your commits.

Upayavira