Posted to user@poi.apache.org by ydinku <pr...@citi.com> on 2012/02/29 12:30:33 UTC

Unable to read excel file having huge data using XSSF

Hi,

My project requirement is to consolidate many excel workbooks having huge
data into a single excel workbook. Each excel workbook should be a new sheet
in the consolidated excel. However I am facing OutOfMemory error even when I
try to load a 25MB file. I tried increasing the heap space but to no avail.
My piece of code goes like this

XSSFWorkbook wb = new XSSFWorkbook(InputStream..);

I have also tried below code

OPCPackage pkg = OPCPackage.open("D:\\excelll\\11.xlsx");
XSSFReader r = new XSSFReader( pkg );
InputStream sheet2 = r.getWorkbookData();
XSSFWorkbook wb1 = new XSSFWorkbook(sheet2);

This piece of code throws
org.apache.poi.openxml4j.exceptions.InvalidFormatException: Package should
contain a content type part [M1.13]

Can anyone help on this