Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Ray Martin <Ra...@aci-hq.com> on 2001/11/30 21:48:05 UTC

CardPortletController

would like an example of using CardPortletController.

how to write the class?
where to put the class?
other required files? e.g. default.pmsl, ???
how to access the CarPortletController features? e.g. how to select a card.

am interested in a CardPortletController like in default.pmsl
want a CardPortletController (main set) that contains
CardPortletControllers (subordinate sets) (e.g. a card stack that contains
card stacks.
want to be able to select cards from the main stack using left.jsp.  then
from the tabs of each subordinate set i will be able to select the views of
that stack.

what i want to do is CRUD (create, read, update, and delete) for several
subject areas.  one subject area is User Account Management, another is
Point of Contact Management, another is Incident Reporting, and so forth.
 each subject area has at least four cards in the subordinate card set
(plus others for error handling, verification, authentication...).  the
main card stack is to be controlled via left .jsp (of the Jetspeed provided
example).

in case any one is interested the following diagram is an overview of my
design:

also, here is my CRUD idea:

this is what i want to do - i just have not be able to figure out Jetspeed
to get my goals accomplished.  any help from someone and i will feedback
source code, fixes, understandings, etc to you.

thanx,
Ray