Posted to muse-dev@ws.apache.org by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com> on 2006/06/15 23:43:21 UTC

status of the build

I have created a Maven-based build for each of the source code modules in
/trunk/modules. There is a build-all.bat file that ties these together
because it does not appear that Maven 2.0 allows users to tie together
multiple project files into one aggregate project. If I'm wrong about
this, I'd be happy to make the change necessary to create a "pure" Maven
build.

Because of Maven's "one jar file per project" rule, I have split some of
the WS-* modules into two projects - one for API, one for implementation.
This required a change to the projects' directory structure, so the code
for those projects will have to be re-commited (under the new
directories). I apologize ahead of time for the extra noise on
muse-commits. I originally thought that Maven would allow me to generate
multiple jars from a single source tree, but answers to past queries on
users@maven.apache.org indicate that "one jar file per project" is the
only way to go.

My next steps are:

1) add the .properties files containing error/log messages to the build
jars

2) figure out how to get Maven to stop including its metadata files in the
build jars

2a) if #2 is not possible, update the build-all.bat file to strip them out
manually

3) add the test projects to the build - I'll do this in a way that is
similar to other ws.apache.org projects

Dan

Dan Jemiolo
IBM Corporation
Research Triangle Park, NC

+++ I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat
donuts. +++